Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who is in here???

I wasn't getting some brilliant ideas for the name of my blog where I can put the stuff I'm learning here in the living paradise. Then Vikram Hazra (those who don't know, he's one of the most amazing senior Art of Living teachers & a superb singer & Guitar player and he take regular sessions for us these days) told us a beautiful story. There was this Rishi Meditating on the bank of a river. A lady came there & asks her to take care of her small child so that she can go for bath a little further. Closing his eyes Rishi nodded yes. That lady went & Rishi went into his meditation again. After some time he sees that the kid is dead. Now from one angle, its just some matter left and the consciousness is transfered to some place. But he thought that Yogi's are supposed to be responsible so he dropped his body & got into that kids body to keep is word. That lady came there, bowed to yogi, took her son & went. But from that day onwards kid never spoke a word. He just kept silent. He try everything possible including going to temple & stuff like that. Actually that Rishi was a Mauni (the one who never speaks). Anyways, then one day a young boy came to her nearby village. So she took her son to that village to see that so called intelligent boy as the last hope. That person coming to village was no-one but Adi Sankaracharya. So Adi Sankaracharya asked that kid,'Who are You?' And then that kid replied with the song,
Mano budhya ahankaar chittah ni naham
Na 'ch shotra jeeveh na 'ch ghraan netrey
Na 'chavyo m bhumi r na tejo na vaayu
Chid-a-anand roopah shivoham shivoham

You can listen to this song. Its one of the most beautiful songs I ever heard. Thus made me think who is actually in this body. And thus I thought to begin my blog with this name only and finally I found just this one as available. I'll be putting all that I'm learning here in the Art of Living's Bangalore ashram....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the beautiful knowledge goru!!love u..take care..jgd:)n v all miss u..splly me n sachin..!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep blogging its great to read all these , ashram ki khushbu aati hai tere blog se . love u

    ReplyDelete